« This Is Cool | Main | Let The Judgement Begin - April Fool's Double Secret Probation Edition »

April 12, 2014

Dreams

Hey pretty baby, doncha know it's not my fault
Love to hear the steel belts humming on the asphalt...

Usually the Blog Princess does not remember her dreams upon waking. Given some of the dreams she has had over the past week, that is probably a good thing.

But this morning she woke out of a very deep sleep and remembered everything. She was walking up the side of an enormous sand dune in the desert. As far as the eye could see, there was nothing but hard packed sand with those little s-shaped curves carved into the surface by the wind.

It was sunny and warm. From where I stood near the top of the biggest dune, I could see for miles and miles. A few of the other dunes had someone standing on them too. They were so far away they looked like specks.

I was dressed in white Elvis suit, and as I walked slowly to the top of the dune every so often a wolf would make a run at me, snarling and snapping. Obviously, there was only one sane course of action: I began to do the Twist. Just as the wolf got near I would freeze in mid-twist with both fingers pointing at him.

Wolves find this sort of thing very disconcerting...

I think it's the sunglasses. They don't like it when they can't see your eyeballs.

Posted by Cassandra at April 12, 2014 01:51 PM

Comments

Welllll, alrighty then!
Freud....calling Dr. Freud....or should we be paging Jung?
heh
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at April 12, 2014 02:37 PM

It's funny you would bring up vivid dreams. I have no idea what hidden meaning was behind yours, but I had one this morning that was just fun.
I was riding the ball (on a crane) and videotaping myself with a huge camcorder. I was way up high. In my head the song "I believe I can fly" sung ala Steve Smith on American Dad was playing over and over.
Normally I can't remember dreams more than a few minutes after I'm awake, but that darned song is stuck in my head.

Posted by: Joatmoaf at April 12, 2014 04:03 PM

Wolves are either dogs in training, or a threat to be eliminated. and they know it.

Posted by: CAPT Mike at April 12, 2014 10:52 PM

Welcome back!

Surgery is no fun but the drugs are great. And coming off the drugs can be quite interesting. :+)

Posted by: Elise at April 13, 2014 12:44 PM

I'm glad you're back and the surgery went well. One thing to remember, if you need to use a cane it is only to assist you in walking, not to assist you in whacking :)

Cheers!

Posted by: Allen at April 13, 2014 03:10 PM

Joatmoaf, the image of you as Miley Cyrus is now indelibly burned into my brain :p

I had another weird dream the next day. I was in some weird stone castle and this strange person was trying to get me to dye my hair (which, inexplicably, had grown about 2 feet and was now in ringlets) with a mixture of beets and these purple berries that looked poisonous. All I remember is that somehow, this monumental decision was tied to the fate of the Multiverse, and also that I kept thinking, (so I'm going to have purple hair - how is that a *good* outcome?).

Then I woke up. No soundtrack this time :p

Surgery is no fun but the drugs are great.

I don't get the point of drugs (other than alcohol, that is). Couldn't wait to get off them, though now that I've been "drug free" for several days, I do miss not feeling any pain :p

I'm still on crutches, but I'm getting around very well. Went up and downstairs several times yesterday and had my first PT session. I even drove home from the ortho dude this morning!

Thanks for all of the encouragement, and I'm sorry I haven't been posting. I have been reading comments - just haven't been very responsive. Sorry about that.

I can see the Dark One is keeping you all well entertained :) She is good at that, and I'm very grateful. I think I've got things back on a fairly even keel now, so hopefully my own brand of inanity will resume tonight or tomorrow morning.

Posted by: Anthony Weiner, Naturally Weird (no drugs needed!) at April 15, 2014 12:59 PM

"I can see the Dark One is keeping you all well entertained :)"

Amazing what a good supply of beer will do, huh?
heh
Btw, I'm putting it on the *expense* account. I mean, I had to fly and buy this time.
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at April 15, 2014 03:40 PM

Fly??? Did someone say FLY? Where's my iPhone???

(Oh come on - you knew I was going to go there...)

Posted by: Anthony Weiner, Naturally Weird (no drugs needed!) at April 15, 2014 05:23 PM

And to tie it all up in a pretty bow.
Or cream cheese danish bikini...whatever floats yer *dream* boat.
0>;~]