« Priorities | Main | Memorial Day »

May 22, 2014

Sportsmanship and the Bigger Man

As y'all know, I have a problem with the lack of sportsmanship I see (or, don't see, as the case may be) in sports these days and have posted several vids and stories that highlight the instances of (what is nowadays) extraordinary sportsmanship that I find on the innertubes. How I wish I were posting these so often that you guys would beg me to stop. Sadly, however, that is not the case. Until the time when good sports are the norm again, here is a vid that I found over at the Black Sphere that displays the sportsmanship I was taught and still believe adds more to the game than any of the antics currently considered *fashionable*:

Well, done young man. And make no mistake, he is a Man in every sense of the word. His is a life laid at his feet, he has only to choose his direction. He will succeed.

Posted by DL Sly at May 22, 2014 02:09 PM

Comments

Big deal. I would have done the same thing given the opportunity. Only I would have done tapped out before getting into the ring. That's just the way my Momma raised me, all kind and sensitive like.

Posted by: spd rdr at May 22, 2014 04:36 PM

Yeah, that's you, spd, always giving and giving and giving.
How are mrs. rdr and the girls, btw?
*snicker*
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at May 22, 2014 04:48 PM

"...because I am almost always on my way home from some law-thing, I'm in full battle dress, Esq. All of which freaks out the cemetery staff because an old white guy in blue suit wandering around and talking to himself is either a Congressman, or worse."

"Big deal. I would have done the same thing given the opportunity. Only I would have done tapped out before getting into the ring."

I'm trying to figure out if one of these things is not like the other.....or not.
heh
0>;~]

Posted by: DL Sly at May 22, 2014 04:51 PM

Pretty much.

Posted by: spd rdr at May 22, 2014 04:59 PM

Class act! Sportsmanship that inspires us all. Well done, son!

Posted by: vet66 at May 22, 2014 06:00 PM

I thought so, spd. Glad you agree with me.
0>;~]