« Happy Father's Day! | Main | Why Don't "They" Ever.... »

June 15, 2014

The Evolution of Dad's Dancing

Posted by DL Sly at June 15, 2014 02:49 PM

Comments

Chris Christie is surprisingly graceful/coordinated (probably the wrong word to describe a man, though it certainly applied to Fred Astaire or Gene Kelly).

He's also a good sport.

Posted by: Cass at June 16, 2014 11:42 AM

Oh, I don't know, one of the most graceful men I ever saw was Lynn Swann of the Pittsburgh Steelers, and he freely admitted to taking ballet lessons to help him stay light on his feet. In fact, he managed to talk several of his offensive linemen at the time into taking classes with him.
0>;~]

Posted by: DL Sly at June 16, 2014 11:52 AM

When I was a young lass, there was a counselor at a camp I attended who liked to knit and crochet.

Everyone thought it was hysterical - he was a HUGE black guy, and he was completely unfazed by the occasional razzing he took. "It's relaxing!", he used to say.

I've never quite figured out what is thought to be unmanly about making useful things, even from yarn.

Posted by: Cass at June 16, 2014 01:37 PM

'You can't make a saw out of wool.'

-Aristotle

Posted by: Grim at June 16, 2014 04:34 PM

I guess I never had that from my Pop when I was growing up. He was a man who loved cooking and cleaning, gardening and flowers, dancing and singing out loud as if nobody was watching and generally doing as he damn well pleased whether anyone approved of it, thought it *manly*, or not.

0>;~]

Posted by: DL Sly at June 16, 2014 04:44 PM

>i>"'You can't make a saw out of wool.'"

When I first read that I saw "wood", and I'm thinking, well, yeah, you *could* but why would you? And how would you without a saw in the first place?
Just one of the many places the tracks for my trains of thought run to -- many of which without turnabouts at the end.
0>:~]