« Suite: Judy Blue Eyes??? | Main | Thomas the Tank Engine: Fascist Oppressor »

July 22, 2014

Jumping On The Bandwagon

The Princess' posting about 'Weird' Al's new album earlier this morning aroused my curiosity. I've always been a fan, especially of his later songs, but I must say, this one really appeals to my inner grammar nazi.

I never liked the original song much due to the nature of the lyrics and video, but the music and beat were very earworm-like. I like this version much better.
0>;~]
Tip o'the Stetson - IMAO

Posted by DL Sly at July 22, 2014 02:53 PM

Comments

I thought Robin Thicke was scummy when he came out with that song (have you ever Googled the lyrics? Good Lord). He pretty much confirmed that impression with that whole obsessive, stalkerish string of songs about his soon to be ex-wife.

I guess it's not just women who enjoy baring the most private details of their intimate relationships in public. What a disappointment :p

Weird Al's version is way better!

Posted by: Cassandra at July 22, 2014 08:21 PM

I was introduced to Al way back in 1985, when he was still making fun of summer-variety horror flicks.

Posted by: Grim at July 23, 2014 12:11 AM

"(have you ever Googled the lyrics? Good Lord)."

Unfortunately, I didn't have to, given that --
I have a teenager....and a girl to boot. Thankfully, even she thinks the lyrics and vid are not appropriate. (Perhaps we are doing something right! Who knew, huh?)

Hard to believe (and then, not) that this is Alan Thicke's son.
*sigh*

Glad you liked the vid!
0>;~]

Posted by: DL Sly at July 23, 2014 12:15 AM

/blinks innocently

Why whatever do you mean, dear lady? The song is clearly just about one man's struggle with myopia (those darned blurry lines!) and the women who want to hug him!

:P

Posted by: MikeD at July 23, 2014 09:24 AM

I've actually managed to avoid hearing anything more than "hey hey hey"-- and then I change the channel.

Elsa sings in our car a lot.....
(I figured if it got popular with a messed up little girl being dumb and that exploited on national TV, I didn't want to see it, hear it, or otherwise know anything about it, and applied that to anybody using more than a snippet. No harm so far!)

Posted by: Foxfier at July 23, 2014 09:25 AM

So glad that he's releasing these now-- I have something to give my new niece! (She's a tween.) If her dad likes it, cool, if he doesn't-- it's revenge! I still randomly get "The night Santa went Crazy" stuck in my head.

Posted by: Foxfier at July 23, 2014 09:27 AM

Foxfier, our boys loved Weird Al and Bob Rivers' Twisted Christmas carols when they were teens :p

re: Thicke, I really don't get the whole "man whose life appears to be controlled by his nether regions" shtick. It's just as idiotic as the omnipresent "woman completely unable to compartmentalize her feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelings" routine.

Pretty much all of civilization represents an attempt to control various frustrations/instincts/feelings or channel them into something positive and productive. But nowadays confessing to being some kind of pathetic, out of control twit seems to be de rigeur.

Posted by: Cassandra at July 23, 2014 09:37 AM

Which seques quite nicely to Perform This Way.

Posted by: Yu-Ain Gonnano at July 23, 2014 10:22 AM

Or maybe don't Perform That Way after all, Perform This Way instead.

Posted by: Yu-Ain Gonnano at July 23, 2014 10:25 AM

"The song is clearly just about one man's struggle with myopia..."

Mayhaps it's because he's looking with the wrong *eye*.
0>:~]

Posted by: DL Sly at July 23, 2014 10:32 AM

While I don't pout and flounce as prettily as you, Sly, I had at LEAST hoped for a little more appreciation for my snark than that.

/harumph

Posted by: MikeD at July 23, 2014 11:58 AM

*snort*
I don't think you got a harumph outta that guy over there ------>
0>;~]