« Shaken, Not Stirred | Main | Fairness, Corporate Inversions, and the Level Playing Field »

August 13, 2014

The Vigil

Presented without comment as anything I could say would be grossly insufficient.

Well done, young man.
For a Man you are.

Posted by DL Sly at August 13, 2014 11:01 AM

Comments

Coulda used a tissue warning....

Posted by: Miss Ladybug at August 13, 2014 12:08 PM

Honor calls to honor, even across the sands of time.

Thank you for posting this. I would hate to have missed it.

Posted by: Cassandra at August 13, 2014 01:53 PM

My eyes are leaking.

I love this boy.

Posted by: MathMom at August 13, 2014 01:58 PM

I just put the link to this video on the Sarah Palin Channel, with H/T to VC. Thank you for posting it. As I said there, I think it is the most uplifting thing I have seen in a year, and it gives me hope for America.

God bless that dad, too, who helped him pay his respects.

Posted by: MathMom at August 13, 2014 02:21 PM

A monumental tribute to perhaps the greatest undertaking that men had ever subjected themselves to. I am never so moved as in June when imagining what had happened on D-day. I still can’t fathom it – how do you get men to do that? On the other hand, it also brings to mind the great waste of lives in all our misadventures since then. Who will remember those who gave their lives and bodies for nothing but political gambits and showy flexing and posturing? For the moments that warrant everlasting tribute though, it’s good to have a youngster with the gift of discernment remind everyone – lest we forget.

Posted by: George Pal at August 13, 2014 03:24 PM

Sometimes boys turn out all right.

Posted by: Grim at August 13, 2014 03:33 PM

Oh!
Tissue warning!!
0>;~]

Posted by: DL Sly at August 13, 2014 05:46 PM

Hope lives in America.

Posted by: htom at August 13, 2014 05:47 PM

....and You Will Be a MAN, My Son...

R. Kipling