« In The Midst of Sadness... | Main | The Vigil »

August 13, 2014

Shaken, Not Stirred

belly_rub.png

In this photo released Wednesday, August 6, an elephant relieves an itch on a small car in South Africa's Pilanesberg National Park. The two passengers in the car were shaken up but not injured.

CWCID: the Spousal Unit, who is very good about supplying the Blog Princess with pachydermal pulchritude.

Posted by Cassandra at August 13, 2014 06:50 AM

Comments

"Elmer the Elephant had vision problems--look at his squinty eyes. He thought he had found the love of his life when he saw the large gray object, but during sex, it kept trying to move away, was unresponsive, and continued to make a honking sound. Elmer thought this might simply be coquettish for VW German female elephants."

Whaddaya mean, this isn't a caption contest? (laugh).

Posted by: frequent flyer at August 13, 2014 01:27 PM

Heh... :)

It would make a good caption contest, wouldn't it?

"No means NO!"

Posted by: Cassandra at August 13, 2014 01:43 PM

"Would you roll the window back down please. Your interrupting my Farfegnugen. Was it good for you mien Schatze.?"

Posted by: vet66 at August 13, 2014 05:21 PM

I love it!

As her windows slowly began to steam up, Jetta suddenly realized this was *not* exactly what she'd had in mind ...

Posted by: Cassandra at August 13, 2014 05:37 PM

I've heard of low bridges, but this is ridiculous!
0>;~]

Posted by: DL Sly at August 13, 2014 09:37 PM

I meant what I said and I said what I meant!
An elephant's faithful:
One hundred percent.

Posted by: Horton, Hatching an Egg at August 13, 2014 09:51 PM

Reminds me of the old joke:

"Getting anything done in a bureaucracy is like elephant sex. It happens at a high level--it is clumsy--it is marked by much trumpeting, screaming, thrashing about, and foot-stomping--it is dangerous to innocent bystanders--it takes a couple of years to get anything done."

Posted by: frequent flyer at August 14, 2014 09:52 AM

"Ole and Sven did a lot of hunting together. They had tied moose, deer, and bear to the fenders of their cars to get game home from the field--but when they live-trapped an elephant, it was more than they had bargained for."

Posted by: frequent flyer at August 14, 2014 06:08 PM

It puts the Jetta on it's skin, then puts the Jetta on the ground again.
0>:~}

Posted by: DL Sly at August 15, 2014 02:13 PM

Good one :)

Posted by: Cassandra at August 15, 2014 02:53 PM

Heh. Great blog.

Posted by: CAPT Mike at August 18, 2014 04:02 AM

Thinking about this--Remember "Laugh-In" and "What do you get when you cross a ______with a ________?"

WHAT DO YOU GET WHEN YOU CROSS AN ELEPHANT WITH A VOLKSWAGEN?

A circus animal that likes to invade France (AND Poland, AND Belgium, AND Africa....)

A car with a memory that never forgets.

A car that runs on biofuels, but leaves a couple of bushels of "pollution" all over the road every day.

"Hannibal's Blitzkrieg."

An elephant that burns books.

An elephant that wants to rule the world.

Unswervingly faithful to der Fuhrer--"I said what I meant, and I meant what I said--an Elephant's faithful, 100 percent."

An elephant with a menacing "Your PAPERS are in order--you may leave now."

An elephant that runs at full throttle down the autobahn.

"Cross an elephant with something German? Now we know where the idea for the SNORKEL came from!

"I don't know, but the offspring will be raised in a lebensborn program"

Posted by: frequent flyer at August 18, 2014 06:28 PM