« Let The Judgement Begin | Main | When Empathy Leads to Scapegoating »

September 30, 2014

Interesting Infographics

First up, what kind of blog princess would we be if we selfishly refused to share the hate?

share_the_hate.jpg

Whilst we heartily agree that the Cards suck, we have two questions:

1. Where are the Yankees, Red Sox, and Braves?

2. No rating for the Most Annoying Mascot? Seriously???

Next up, anything to make that caption contest move down the page:

college_marriage.jpg

Finally, we have to say we enjoyed football more when there were more running plays:

football.jpg

Posted by Cassandra at September 30, 2014 07:32 AM

Comments

1. Where are the Yankees, Red Sox, and Braves?

I don't care about, follow, or even know a lot about baseball, but I know the answer to this question.

The graphic specifically states it is rating each of the 10 playoff teams. So my powerful skills of deduction tell me none of those three are in the playoff's this year.

Posted by: MikeD at September 30, 2014 08:36 AM

*blush*

D'oh! THIS is what I get for not bothering to read the text carefully! :p

Thank Gaia some of you guys can read!

Posted by: Cass at September 30, 2014 08:37 AM

...anything to make that caption contest move down the page...

Hear, hear.

Posted by: Grim at September 30, 2014 10:12 AM

Bwwaaahaahaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!
0>;~]

Posted by: DL Sly at September 30, 2014 11:58 AM

"Where are the Yankees, Red Sox, and Braves?"

What's with the hatin' on the Braves?? I mean, I understand the Yankees and the Red Sox, even though they, too, used to be the Braves, but seriously, what's Atlanta ever done to you...with the exception of beating your pants off the last few years, that is.
You really shouldn't hold onto hate like that. It'll eat at ya, yanno, and the next thing you know you'll be writing posts about the home plate collision rule and the potential use of replay for roughing the quarterback penalties instead of the usual politics and relationships we have come to expect from you.
heh
0>;~]
0>;~]

Posted by: DL Sly at September 30, 2014 12:33 PM

First, thank you for moving that picture down the page. I've been sliding my browser window 2/3rds of the way off the bottom of my monitor when entering your site. Shudder.

Second, I'm sorry the MLB Hateability Index doesn't consider offsetting attributes like having decent uniforms and great ballparks. If it did, the Pirates score would drop like a rock for the latter: their ballpark is wonderful.

Third, as for the Yankees, well, I'm a Yankee fan who teared up over Jeter leaving. Still, my favorite quote about the Yankees is: Rooting for the New York Yankees is like rooting for US Steel. :+)

Posted by: Elise at September 30, 2014 02:32 PM

Well, a regular from long, long ago (in a galaxy far, far away) certainly had no issue rooting for the favorite.

Posted by: Yu-Ain Gonnano at September 30, 2014 05:13 PM

Didn't the Giants once have a mascot that was dressed up like a crab?
Yes. Yes they did.

Posted by: spd rdr at September 30, 2014 05:32 PM

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

The Federal Communications Commission is mulling whether TV and radio stations should be banned from repeatedly saying the name of the Washington Redskins.

Earlier this month, the FCC received a petition to deny renewing the license of Washington sports radio station WWXX-FM because it “deliberately, repeatedly and unnecessarily broadcasts the word ‘R*dskins’ during most of its broadcasting day, and especially in prime time.”

What a STUIPD world!

Posted by: spd rdr at September 30, 2014 05:35 PM

I worry about this country. I really do.

*sigh*

My only comfort at this point is how much this really, really bugs Jon Stewart :p

Posted by: Cass at September 30, 2014 05:44 PM

OMG, I had totally forgotten that thread. But worse, I have totally forgotten what photo I linked to and it's gone.

Dang :p I hope it was good.

Posted by: Cass at September 30, 2014 05:51 PM

Oh (busy day) and WELCOME BACK, SPD!!!

We missed you :)

Posted by: Cass at September 30, 2014 06:01 PM

Well, the only jpg on the internet with that name that is also a photo that might make sense given the context of the remarks is this one.

Which, if it isn't the one, should have been the one.

Posted by: Grim at September 30, 2014 08:25 PM

Thanks for looking that up, Grim. I do remember that picture - I think it was from one of my posts many, many moons ago.

Glad it wasn't something worse :p

Posted by: Cass at September 30, 2014 09:03 PM

The clear message from the graphics about marriage and divorce is that the class on how to stay married isn't offered until one's senior year, or maybe during graduate school. I think that's when I took it.

Posted by: Texan99 at October 1, 2014 07:20 PM

You know, I mentioned this graphic about marriage rates to two young ladies I happen to know who are in graduate school, and they became intensely interested. I had to email them the WSJ article.

Posted by: Grim at October 1, 2014 11:30 PM